Let's see, in the past week or so, I have. . .
- Been welcomed back to pilates class after almost three years (last Wednesday);
- Been felled by a stomach bug (last Thursday, either from the pilates class or more likely ANY class of children I taught last week);
- Wrestled with an upper respiratory cold/postnasal drip throat annoyance that everyone seems to have (all weekend up through now);
- Attended a bridal expo with my mom while dealing with the aforementioned cold (Sunday) where I managed to snag the top raffle prize--for the bride, of course;
- Experienced full-on rage towards the crappy, most-likely-beta program created by the company that supplied the prior year's Computer class lessons. (ALL MONTH.) The more I try to use it/have the kids use it, the more problems, bugs, and errors I encounter. I don't know what angers me more: that we're paying for it and it doesn't work, or that it is sub-par and frustrating to use by my students. I laid it all out for the person that oversees the program, and she has had enough, too. We'll see where we end up;
- Taken a certain Cat to the vet where she weighed the same (still under), scratched the doctor while he was trying to take blood (he said a bad word!), and ended up with a "normal" thyroid (yay) but a low white cell count (booooo). Doc wants her off the thyroid meds but The Cat can't do any of the other treatments (surgery? radiation/isolation? NO!). He said he'd research natural remedies and get back to me;
- Survived another pilates class (yesterday) after flying from school to the hair salon for fresh highlights which look awesome today;
- Received an invite to hang out with Younger Sister over Columbus Day weekend (fun!);
- Gotten a phone message requesting an interview for a position I'd thought had closed last month after I'd heard nothing following several calls/correspondence with the HR person. Go figure. I am ambivalent but curious so I guess I'll call back and see what the story is.
I guess that all this just means life is not dull, right?