More Work, Not Enough Cleaning


Making a quick update because those dishes won't wash themselves.

Taught like crazy this week, including a doubled-up period where I had both seventh grade AND fourth grade in the Library at the same time.  Somehow it worked out and everyone got what they needed.  I'd say, "Let's not do that again," but because my schedule is pretty bad I can't get any guarantees.

Working at the public library all weekend--ran into two students (nice little girls) today--and Monday night as a substitute.  Just racking up the money to cover wedding stuff and cat medicine, I guess.  I'm pretty tired and I have a weird health issue going on so I just want to soldier through it all.

Also, I'm trying to forget about bait-and-switch interview I had this past week.  I should have known something was up when they didn't tell me which school was hosting the interview until the day before. And even then, the school didn't quite match up to its glowing online stats.  Not only did the principal admit it was overcrowded but also that the library wasn't getting any use as an actual library.  No, they already had taken the library for "small group instruction" and expected a classroom teacher to run around to classrooms like a babysitter (with books) while teachers had their prep periods.  

No wonder the previous librarian is long gone.

Needless to say, I am disheartened a bit.  I've done some networking on Twitter and will be talking to a former school librarian (now happily employed elsewhere) to see how she found her niche--and how I can find mine.

I don't think I'm there yet.


Head on over to SOSOB for a recap of my latest wedding-related exploits.

 

Comments

ccr in MA said…
We have to believe that we will get there, don't we? I was just looking at an "editor" job listing that was for an engineering firm, and required experience with acronyms I don't even recognize. Sigh. But we will get there, we will!
Kate P said…
I think that's what keeps me going, too, CCR!

P.S. Were any of the acronyms "B.S."? You know that one! ;)

Popular Posts