In Spite of the Date, I Have Legit News


Remember the nomination I mentioned here (good item #2), and the application I slaved away on?

I have been selected!

The letter says that there were something like three dozen or so applicants (they can take only 21), and they made the choices blind (numbered the applications) and scored with a rubric.  And I was ranked among the top 21!  How awesome is that???

Yeah, it probably doesn't hurt that I'm above the average age for "newish" librarians.  But hey, that probably means nighttimes at the hotel during the summer workshop could be fun times.

So tonight I signed all my paperwork and sent it in, and the next step is about a month from now.  There's a "meet your mentor" event.  I can hardly wait.

Especially after getting a dose of this all morning.  I have been praying so I guess it could have been way worse (like all day).

It's nice to be able to talk (and think) about good things for a change.

 

  

Comments

Sara said…
Congratulations! :D
ccr in MA said…
That's awesome! Hooray for you. I hope that it really helps, and if it's enjoyable too, well, wouldn't that be good?
Dave E. said…
Congratulations, Kate. That's exciting.
Rob said…
Congrats, Kate.
Annie Coe said…
Congratulations!!!!! So happy for you, nice when things go well, here is hoping for a year of good things.
xoxo

Popular Posts