Working the "Fluffitude"


Oh, hey, remember me?  I blog here sometimes.

My gosh! I'm sorry I've been off the grid for a while.

It hasn't been anything bad; in fact, I don't know what kept me from blogging.  I just feel as if I haven't stopped running since I ran for the train in DC after spending a Saturday/Sunday with Younger Sister--and that was Columbus Day weekend.  (I know, ages ago.)

So, what's doing now?  Heading into surviving "book sale hell" week 2 after a lovely long weekend.  Yes, it's that wonderful time of year when all of the library staff end up at each others' throats over something that shouldn't even be taking place in the library.  In fact, I was more or less chased out Wednesday afternoon because my help wasn't wanted or appreciated.  (This led to my leaving for the weekend without the sheet music for the songs I need to learn by this Wednesday for a school event, but I made do without.)

But anyway, I'm trying to shake all that off and start fresh tomorrow.  It would be awesome if I could get us all to sit down and figure out how best to support each other during a crazy selling schedule (notice I didn't say "teaching") all week, but it takes more than one person's wishing to make it happen.

In other news--and the reason for this post's title--guess who's starting to look less like a shaved calico? (If you said me, you're in so much trouble right now.  I know who you are.)

Check out the paisley tummy.

What? We're just admiring your fluffitude. Go back to sleep.


As for my own personal "fluffitude," I'm actively working on being less "fluffy" (adult language) and more fit.  I'm down a couple of pounds which is a step in the right direction.  Pilates class is helping, and I'm just trying to slow down and make good choices.

Which includes getting more sleep, so I'm going to sign off now and make my way to my PJ's.

 

Comments

Book sales were my favourite when I was a kid! I used to buy handfuls of books and then get in trouble for trying to read them in class. Not that knowing this helps your situation at all. Hope life is better now that the stress of the sale is behind you.

How is trivia night going? I wish there were a fast train between Canada and Philadelphia so that I could join you guys again.
Kate P said…
S.D.--Have we made you catch the trivia bug??? As a matter of fact, my trivia team is homeless, again! On Monday of last week, we got an e-mail from our trivia host saying the bar was shutting down immediately. (Our guess: rent problems. Dad's guess: taxes.) So we went somewhere else to play last week, won the last round (the BIG prize one), but we don't feel committed to settle there. Yet.
And agreed on the "adorabalz" of Ms. Fluffitude!
Anonymous said…
My coworker librarian is whack-a-doodle with major anxiety issues.

I can't WAIT for book sale week.

Oh wait, I could wait all year and then some...
Kate P said…
Ha ha ha YES. My sympathies. Our secretary gets all paranoid about the money.

I placed what I hope was the last order (for now) today, and handed off the invoice to our money person. Who promptly spazzed out on me. I talked her down, signed off, and more or less we are DONE.

Popular Posts