1. Police Navidad: It was an action-packed Saturday at the library, and it included a visit from the local police. I had to report that items were stolen from the woman who had been changing the display case--she left some things in the vestibule while loading her car--and apparently someone walked out with the stuff. She's changed the display case a few times in the past month without incident, so why this happened now, I have to wonder. Maybe it was the time of year and someone "went Christmas shopping."
LibraryElf had just finished her party with the young 'uns (stories, jingle bells, songs, mayhem) so she was very helpful with the situation (as much as anyone could be, considering the patron who said he witnessed the theft gave his contact info and left).
Me: That officer was pretty cute.
LibraryElf: Yes. [Agreeing from an observation standpoint as she is a newlywed!] I wonder if he's married.
Me: I di'n't see no ring on that finger. . .
Maybe he'll need to contact me for more information sometime. Or for a date.
2. Homemade for the Holidays: Meringues are in the oven right now--I just turn off the oven after 1-1/4 hours and let them sit overnight--and I'll be roasting potatoes tomorrow to take to my parents' for Christmas dinner.
3. I've Got My Chunky Calico to Keep Me Warm: Not looking forward to being one of the rare singles at Christmas Eve dinner, but I'll just try to stay in the present and enjoy the get-together. And my delightful half-a-crabcake.
4. I Heard the Drunks on Christmas Day: The other thing I'm not looking forward to. (I'm looking at you, neighbors who were disorderly on Thanksgiving.)
5. Have Yourselves a Merry Little Christmas: The gloominess and un-festive-ness of that song aside, that is my wish for all my readers. See you later in the week!