The Car Is Fixed and Other Wild Things


  • Even though I felt more sure of driving in the snow in the Unsexy Station Wagon (sorry, Mom, but it just IS) than I would've in a rental last week, I was very happy to get my car back, driver's side door fixed.  And just in time for driving on slushy roads even after a two-hour school delay this morning.
  • The mission to ease the Early Morning Cat Yowling is not succeeding yet.  I spoke a few weeks ago with a reputable animal communicator (yes, I am at my wits' end) who said that not only is her eyesight going (that made me cry) but also between the hyperthyroidism and the medication for the hyperthyroidism, she gets very disoriented.  She wakes up in the middle of the night and doesn't know where she is or how much time has passed.  Recommendation is for more light at night, possibly at floor level. Still figuring that out.
  • The Cat had two very bad mornings today and yesterday.  It might have been the approaching (non-) storm and/or the fact that the organizer lady was here Saturday night.  Also, she seemed to be stuck in a loop where she thought she needed water but had just had some, and just sat at the kitchen sink and cried.  I was so tired by the time I got to school that I kept forgetting it was only Monday.  Some days it really is like living with a little old lady in a fur coat.
  • I received a subpoena to testify in the preliminary hearing against the public library problem person.  It's at the end of the month and I guess I have to take personal time from school to do it.  Crazy.
     
  • I watched most of the Oscars but faded at about 10:30.  Pharrell was fun, even if his hat seemed to grow larger as the number went on.  Oh, and I thought that Liza joke was MEAN.  (I still think she and Lorna Luft are beautiful women.)  I didn't see any of the major nominees so it didn't mean much to me--except that I need to catch up!
  • I recently borrowed this book on being single from the library (this is why self-checkout exists) and am working up a post on it.  I liked it overall, political pronouncements aside.
  • Is anyone watching the final season of How I Met Your Mother?  I am dying to discuss.
     

Comments

Popular Posts