The Opera-Singing Fairy Had a Date with a Younger Man and Might Not End Up Homeless

Just blowing through (flitting around?) with an update. . .

1. As I mentioned last time, I auditioned for a G&S opera and got into the chorus.  I will be an opera-singing fairy in May (and June and possibly overseas in August).  So I have lots of music to learn and some staging and PLEASE DON'T LET THERE BE TOO MUCH CHOREOGRAPHY because I'm uncoordinated!  They told us we need to think about our character; I have decided my fairy name is either Buttercup or Daisy and all the animals in the woods love me.  Sounds pretty good, right?  I'll let you know if they approve of my character choice.  I think they will because everyone is just lovely and fun.  It's exhausting having practice up to twice a week, but I'm managing so far.

2.  Also as mentioned last time, there was a get-together with drinks planned with Decently Notable Age Difference Man.  We did meet down in Old City Philadelphia, tried different beers, talked and laughed.  Yes, there is a decently notable age difference.  However, there also was hand-holding and kissing and walking me to my car (in the middle of one block, he lifted me off the ground because there is also a Decently Notable Height Difference and I am enjoying being called "tiny")--and recently, talk of a second date ("I will even pick you up," he offered, which might also be a reference to our last outing, ha ha).  Nothing planned yet, as he left for Los Angeles for work yesterday.  
I'd sob but at this point--especially as I realize the last person I dated likely was emotionally abusive--it is probably really great that things are proceeding slowly.  

3. The apartment search came to a meltdown point, and then with the help of my good friend the Kindergarten teacher (who loves teasing me about the D.N.A.D.M. because she's 8 years younger than I am) and my mom, I calmed down and asked to extend my lease a few months.  Received a yes in response. Whew.
Whereupon a 1BR apartment opened up for mid-April at the place I really liked but hadn't had anything available.  It's slightly smaller than my current place, but I will have central air and my own laundry room. . . and no one stomping around over my head!  I put in my application on Thursday after school and I'm praying everything works out in my favor.

So, who else is having an interesting February???
    

Comments

ccr in MA said…
I must admit that when I saw the title of this, I was afraid that you were jumping to quite a conclusion based on one date, so I'm glad those are not related! Good news all around, really.
Oooh....sounds like an exciting month! Congrats on the part and the potential new man and the new apartment.

I've followed your lead and started online dating, so February could be interesting. As could March...and the next few years....sigh.
Kate P said…
CCR--Ha! No, I'm not the moving-in-with-significant-other type, anyway. I can see where that title might be misleading. Sorry! And thank you :)

S.D.--Well, thank you. I seem to have better fortune in dating once I decide to QUIT my online attempts, so. . . hope you fare better. I did get a lot of compliments on my profile so I highly recommend the book YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T WRITE THAT by Lisa Hoehn. (Guess there just wasn't anyone there for me to attract.)

Popular Posts