Practicing Gratitude in All Things, Even the Annoying Ones


When my car decides two days before Thanksgiving it doesn't want to start, I feel grateful that my parents gave me a AAA membership and that my mom won't need the car while she is cooking up a storm.
(Also grateful that they were able to find a substitute for me. Eventually, thanks to the horrible timing and also the fact that I didn't know the proper protocol.  I know now!  My head still hurts from being stressed out and anxious to hear about the car.)

When darling Cat decides 3:10 AM is the perfect time to sing for breakast, I feel grateful she is still around. . . and that once she eats, she'll snuggle in bed with me until the alarm goes off.
Yesterday, she spent most of the evening in the kitchen towel cabinet.
Which probably explains waking up at 3 a.m.


When I can't find three lost things I really, really need and have been trying to find them for nearly a month now, I feel grateful a complete disaster hasn't happened without them. . . yet.  And I still am hopeful I am going to find them.  Yes, this will be the week.  Maybe.

When I'm reading yet another message from a way-too-old, way-too-far-away person from the online dating site. . . well, I just try to be grateful that at least someone noticed my photo and thinks I'm cute.  

Just like how the AAA guy said, "Have I mentioned you look beautiful today?" before he broke the bad news it wasn't a dead battery.  Hee.

I said, "Next you're gonna tell me I'm beautiful when I'm crying."

Oh, I am soooo grateful for humor right now. . .

     

Comments

ccr in MA said…
Good for you! I know how hard it can be to look for the silver lining, but you found quite a few. Hang in there.
Dave E. said…
Hang in there. I know what you mean about the car, because I don't even want to say how much I had to put into my pickup last week.
Kate P said…
CCR--Thanks. I'm taking it a day at a time and grateful for the day off today. Gonna take it easy with the family. And the good news is we're a smaller group than expected.

Dave--Right? Why must we be at the mercy of our transportation? And why does it really hate us sometimes?

Popular Posts