Happy April!

No jokes here. . . well, actually the joke's been on me twice already today:

1. I finally remembered to file my local taxes and it turns out that I overpaid on my quarterly payments--I'm owed $55. (What is the proper emotion? Annoyed that I overpaid? Excited that I'll be getting money back?)

2. Tried looking up the times for church services* tonight and tomorrow online--Easter Sunday's bulletin is already up! I had to go make a phone call and listen to the recording.

That's about all that's going on right now; I'm on vacation and loving it. The weather is beautiful, my car has new brakes (we won't discuss the cost), and I'm getting enough sleep.

Also, I'm not too tired to cook. (I think Dave might feel the same way.) Here's a new recipe:

Easy Mini-Pizzas

1 small roll (I used an Alexia rosemary ciabatta, slightly thawed.)
Spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese, a couple slices or several pinches of shreds (I used 2 slices of Tofutti)
Olive oil (optional)
Toppings (optional; I caramelized onions on the stovetop)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Split roll and place face-up on cookie sheet. Optional: brush tops with olive oil. (Or drizzle oil on one half and squish halves together to distribute.)

Spoon a thin-to-medium layer of sauce on each half. Layer cheese on top. Stick in preheated oven and check after five minutes to see if cheese has melted and/or bread is getting brown. Leave in a bit longer until desired melty-ness has occurred (or before bread gets too brown).

Remove from oven and let sit for about a minute. (You can make a salad or side veggies in the meantime.) Place on plate and enjoy!

It's kind of funny to be talking about food when I'll be fasting tomorrow. I'll also be fasting from radio, TV, and internet, so I guess I will see you all on Saturday.



*I "defect" from my parish every year for Holy Thursday and Good Friday. The satellite church where I normally sing doesn't have services (they're at the main church and are just. . . too much, if I can say that charitably). So I'm going where I guest-cantor once a month and do the occasional wedding or funeral. Kinda nice to be a civilian in the pew for a bit, so to speak.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oooh I want to try that recipe! Thanks.
I'm a Easter nomad this year. The church I joined is a church plant and we only meet once a month right now on Sundays. So, I'm going to a friend's church. Which should be interesting...
Dave E. said…
That recipe sounds really good. I'd probably have to add a couple of thin pepperoni slices though. I'm glad you're having a fun week off(except for the brakes, bummer).
Angela Noelle said…
Yum! I want to eat that! I hope you enjoy your Easter weekend :)
Amy Giglio said…
Happy Easter, Kate!
Kate P said…
AC--hey! How are you??? I hope Easter at your friend's church is nice!

Dave--I can attest that pepperoni is GOOOOOD for this recipe. As can the Cat.

Angela--Thank you! Happy Easter to you and your hubby as well!

Amy--Thanks! Happy Easter to you and all your family!!!

Popular Posts