Declarations

1.  I am still here. . .


2.  My cousin's wedding was pretty good.  I got a couple compliments on my dress, but more on my singing at the ceremony, which went very well, considering. . .


3. Dad and I picked the gospel acclamation at the last minute, and I've been fighting the sniffles all week--blame my co-librarian's rug rats, whom I've heard coughing before they even come through the library door--requiring a Friday night trip over the river to the NJ chiropractor for an adjustment to kill my sore throat. . .


4.  The sore throat's gone, but today I wasn't able to breathe much through my nose at all, except when it's running (like right now). . .


5.  I gotta crash early tonight, because tomorrow I will be fully immersed in Outside Book Sale garbage in the library for the next two weeks (no space in the library to hold classes, cashiering, arguing over procedure with the rest of the library staff or some other drama, at least one 16-hour day, etc.). . .


6.  That said, I have not forgotten your questions, and in order to give myself something to look forward to each day, I will answer one question a night this week (with a name-drawing at the end for prizes).


7. Oh, and The Cat told me to tell you she's doing well.  Aside from the fact that it's getting cold out and she wants the heat turned on in the building so she can sleep in her happy place. (Now with updated curtains! And chunkier- Oops, I mean fluffier calico!)


That's all for tonight.  I have to go write elsewhere--inspiration has struck on an area of my novel that needed a rewrite.  Off to the notebook.


  

Comments

Sara said…
How does this:

"requiring a Friday night trip over the river to the NJ chiropractor for an adjustment to kill my sore throat. . ."

work? I've never heard of it.

Glad to hear about Miss Kitty, and that the outfit/singing went well. Boo to just about everything else. :(
ccr in MA said…
Not a bad summary, overall! I too am fascinated at the idea that a chiropractor cured a sore throat. I've never been to one, but I didn't know that was in their bag of tricks!
Kate P said…
I can't explain it, but this chiropractor knows I have a "sniffle" just from the misalignment in my neck. And this whole cold is in my neck and shoulders. She is really, really, really worth the trip.

Popular Posts