A Happy & Blessed Christmas to All!

The meringues are in the oven, nothing is wrapped, and I'm still in my P.J.'s (but not for much longer). For me, the Christmas season is just getting started.

I think the window passed on putting up the tree, but that's O.K. The time I would've put into it was put to good use getting The Cat checked out, and picking up her medicine, and consoling her on my lap.

There's Christmas Eve dinner with my dad's side of the family (hosted by the cousins who accompanied me to California), and then Mass tomorrow morning, and then dinner with my parents, Younger Sister, and my great-aunt (who was picked up by Younger Sister on the drive up here). There was supposed to be a second dinner at my parents' on Sunday with Older Brother and his family, but there's an unconfirmed rumor going around that everybody has strep. *sigh* It's starting to look like Thanksgiving minus dumping the grandkids on my parents, but I'm going to do my best to ignore the bummers and just enjoy myself. That might be a challenge, because I know my mom won't be able to help fretting over those not present. Perhaps I'll understand someday when I have kids!

In any event, I might not be back at the computer until after the weekend, so I wanted to wish all my blogfriends a wonderful Christmas. I'm going to remember you and your intentions at Mass.

To some [Christ] comes on this Christmas Day even in the remorse that follows "There is no room"; to some He comes when their hearts are saddened by a life that has been taken away, and can be gladdened only by a Life that is given; to some He comes when their hearts like conscious mangers cry out "Lord, I am not worthy"; to others He comes as their study of science reminds them that the only star worth studying is the Star that leads to the Maker of the Stars; to others He comes when their hearts are broken, that He might enter in to heal with wings wider than the world; to others He comes in joy amidst the Venite Adoremus of the angels; to others He comes because they are so young they can never remember another Christmas--but to each and everyone He comes as if He had never come before in His own sweet way, He the Child who is born, He. . . Jesus the Savior, He Emmanuel, He, Christ at Christ's Mass on Christmas--Merry Christmas!!
(Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, The Fullness of Christ, reprinted in Advent and Christmas with Fulton J. Sheen, edited & compiled by Judy Bauer)



Comments

Popular Posts