3/01/2013

And the Grand Experiments Continue


Experiment #1: Change The Cat's Litterbox.

What happened: I placed the new litterbox next to the old one for a couple of days for The Cat to check out.  She mostly ignored it.
Then I swapped the boxes so that the new one was in the "right" position.  After a little while, she decided it was cool to whiz in it, but nothing else.  I was afraid she'd take her "business" elsewhere (i.e. my BED) as I followed the advice to let the old box stay un-scooped.

Result: After about a week (which was about all I could stand), she adopted the new box completely.  My only mistake was I wasn't clear on how often I needed to change the absorbent pads and wound up with a near-overflowing tray of whiz.  Delightful.
But now I'm looking forward to just changing the pads more frequently and no longer having to lug around 20-lb. boxes of dusty litter. Good news for me and the bedroom.


Experiment #2: The Dermatologist's Office.

What happened: I'd been suffering with horrible flare-ups of a years-old rash that extended from my earlobes all the way down my neck.  For some reason, it got particularly worse mid-January to the point of painfulness.  Not to mention I'd started clawing at my skin in my sleep.
I was nervous about going to a new office, but having been butchered by poorly removed post-mole-removal stitches at the last place, I wasn't going back there.  The new doctor was a warm, intelligent woman who first prescribed a prescription steroid cream--and also told me to switch to "sensitive skin" formulas for soap, lotion, and the like.  (The free samples of moisturizers didn't hurt, either.)  She also wanted to do a patch test for contact reactions.

The result: After suffering for four days with irritants stuck on my back--and not being able to get my back wet or wash it--the only definitive reaction I had was to topical antibiotics.  That might explain why applying Neosporin to my neck gave me no relief!
It didn't explain the neck rash, and the prescription did nothing for me either, but I have experienced virtually no rashes since I switched soap.  I also looked up some vitamins and supplements to take and have started a regimen.
  
So right now, the only irritation is that I'm still scrubbing the ink numbers off my back.


Experiment #3: Facebook Page.

What happened: I created a page about a month.  I did get overwhelmed and stepped back.  It also doesn't help that pretty much nothing is going on in my life (AM DWEEB).  However, I try to check every few days so at the very least I know Younger Sister is doing O.K.  And maybe catch a glimpse of my niece or nephews. Even if it's one of them post-ER with a lollipop.  But I digress.

The result: Experiment ongoing and will continue to report as needed.

 

No comments: