A Post-Thanksgiving Friday Five
A little collage. . .
1. Top Left: Remembering those who can't be with us--coffee in a mug that used to belong to my late great-aunt.
2. Top Right: Marinated bell peppers which turned out to be a big hit with Youngest Nephew. No bread or crackers required. Only 20 months old and already quite the gourmand.
3. Bottom Right: Dairy-free, soy-free pumpkin pie sounds very bad but tastes very good. Next time I make it, I will change two things: (1) I will have a 9-inch pie plate (not pictured: leftover filling in custard dish to bake alongside), and (2) I will buy pre-made pie crust. That crust was just sad.
4. Bottom Left: The biggest downside to dinner. . . all those dishes to wash up. I'm thinking Older Brother had to leave dinner to go to work at the restaurant he manages because there are some people who really want to avoid doing the dishes after dinner. (Kidding! I'm kidding!)
5. (Above) Somebody was doing her best to go about her usual routine and not be alarmed that I didn't go to work two days in a row by ignoring me.