1. Somebody turned 13 yesterday. No, not me! I'll give you a hint:
You need another hint, you say?
This window ledge is over the A/C.
2. I went to my new school yesterday morning to sign my contract and fill out paperwork for insurance, direct deposit, etc. The bad news is that it's been more than a year since my last fingerprinting, so I have to go get fingerprinted again. Hassle. The good news is that this time around, the school is paying for it.
3. Everyone that I've met at the new school so far has been very nice. Word has gotten out about where I went to high school, and so I kept dealing with conversations like these: "Oh, my daughter/niece/cousin went to your high school. She graduated in 2000; did you know her?" Hey, if they think I'm 27 or thereabouts, I'm O.K. with that. Too bad I can't lie if they ask me point-blank what year I graduated.
4. I scored a purple cotton tank top at The Gap for $4.88 (6.97 + 30% off for some weekend special thing). It looks a little like this one, except that the straps tie at the shoulders. It's a size too big, but I got it for sleeping, anyway. The tie straps are functional so that does help with the fit a little. (Of course, I had entered the store with the intention of finding a new white linen skirt after pulling mine out of storage and finding spots on it. Spots the dry cleaner couldn't get out. I don't think skirts are all that big with Gap anymore, though. Pity. I just bid on one at eBay.)
5. A tale of woe about Younger Sister. Having languished in her post-merger job for nearly two years now, she scored a promising interview for this week. Immediately before which she developed laryngitis. She had to ask a housemate to call the people to explain and reschedule. Poor kid!
It's about time for The Soup, so see you later!