The Sunday Six, Pinch-hitting for the Friday Five

I'm sharing a few pictures of how I've been spending my time outside of school recently.


1. Last weekend was my cousin's wedding. I sang during part of the ceremony, upstairs with a microphone. My view from the choir loft before the wedding took an amusing turn when I saw the bride's older brother hold down the too-short aisle runner to tape it to the floor.


Bless his heart, he's way tall and has back problems.

2. After the lovely ceremony (where we learned "the three f-words about marriage" (that's faithful, fruitful, and forever, in case you were wondering), we went to a very nice reception hall, part of a former farm--the building had a silo, interestingly enough.



Not to mention a chocolate fountain as part of the dessert offerings! I know the picture is a bit out of focus. . . pineapples at right, marshmallows in the middle, and a "s'more" that was a marshmallow coated in chocolate and rolled in crushed graham crackers. (Had to allow myself one slight allergy indulgence; it helped soak up the festive spirits.)


3. So we partook of the chocolate fountain, danced and screamed over the music of the too-loud band--basically, we partied our, uh, hats off:



4. This weekend, the weather took a colder turn, and I think there might be an outside creature wanting in, for warmth. . .

"Be vewwy, vewwy quiet; I'm hunting mousies!"

5. The cat's interest in hunting this evening was a marked improvement from earlier in the week, where she was a bit out of sorts after a visit to the vet for a check-up and shots. She forgave me fairly early in the evening, but when I accidentally patted the spot on her shoulder where she'd gotten a booster, she ran for the safety of her cardboard box.


"sulking like Achilles in his tent."

Which brings me to the bonus (#6--video): Same classical reference in an episode of the animated version of "The Tick."--around the 1:15 mark (and again at 5:39). Hilarious--uh, if you're a literary geek like me, that is.


Wishing you a great week.



Comments

Popular Posts