Another '90s Fashion I Forgot

I forgot to note in my other post that many of the (fashionable '90s) girls in the previously mentioned video I had to watch for my new job were wearing choker necklaces. I had a couple of different styles that I wore my freshman year of college. Two that I remember were (1) black velvet with a silver heart pendant and (2) faux leather with a green and gold enamel pendant. The latter was bought at Kmart.

Yup, Kmart--the biggest thing going in that sleepy little town. (No longer true.)

For fun I did a little search, and this hilarious piece came up, asserting that last December "Velvet chokers [were] the height of a fashion craze capturing the hearts of women the world over."

I didn't get any in my Christmas stocking--did you? Was your crazed, captured heart broken?

Comments

Lindsay said…
...What? I haven't seen anyone wear a choker in a long time--not that I'm opposed to them, but WHERE was this fad occurring? I was in Boston. I mean, there are a lot of people there. You'd think I'd see something. I saw a few dog collars, I think, but that's about as close as it gets.
Liz said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lizzie said…
Hilarious! Also, silk neck scarves! you know, the small ones? Those were totally college.
Kate P said…
Lindsay--yeah, I was thinking, "Boston"???? Thanks for being the correspondent on the street! :)

Lizzie--Hmm, that does sound vaguely familiar about the scarves. . .

Popular Posts