Yet Another Eagles Fan's Opinion

To quote the head of my former office pool, "Are they freakin' kidding me?"

I get that they're stressing the whole "second chance" thing, but cruelty to animals is pretty much a deal-breaker for me. (My one ex's dad was cruel to the family dog and it was a red flag I wish I'd acknowledged sooner.)

If they're going to continue with this ridiculous signing, then I demand 10,000 hours of service to the Philly SPCA, PhillyPAWS, the Phila Humane Society, et al. By the entire Eagles organization.

UPDATE 08/15/2009: While I was listening to the radio in the car this morning, one of the local (sort of) radio stations was advertising these t-shirts. Now that's the way to turn things into a positive. Er, sort of.






Comments

Lizzie said…
That would be awesome. It'd be nice to ensure that these a-holes learned something from the punishment.
Lindsay said…
My take:

The man spent 20 months in prison. His debt to society was paid. What he did was wrong, wrong, wrong. But his debt to society under the legal system in place is paid.
Dave E. said…
I still pretty much want to kick his *ss, debt to society paid or not.
Kate P said…
Lizzie--that's the thing; is taking him back into the NFL, this quickly, really teaching anyone a lesson? Hey, kids, don't worry about the consequences. . . they don't last!

Lindsay--yes, you're not the first to say that and I don't disagree with you there. But (1) used to be that a disgrace like this would make a big organization like the NFL shy away from associating with someone who, you know, hurt/killed DOGS (I mean, other sports figures have been slammed for less), and (2) I want real proof of rehabilitation after something so reprehensible--hence, the service to animal aid groups.

Dave--I'll bet Sammy backs you up on that one.

Popular Posts