The Saturday Sub for the Friday Five

Hmm, all quiet on the blog front. I know I didn't do my Friday Five yesterday, but it was nice to get out and hang with some friends I haven't seen in a while. One half of the couple is the mastermind of the supermarket set-up, and the other is his adorable wife who is originally from Slovakia. She is smart as a whip and while her English--which I believe is her third language--has improved tremendously over the last few years, she is always looking to add to her vocabulary. I never realized how much I tend to pepper my speech with all sorts of crazy idioms and expressions, and it's a riot when she stops me to express her appreciation of them. I don't even think twice when they're rolling off my tongue. The word of the night was "squeamish."

So, yeah, you get a bunch of blabbermouths like us together and you wind up coming in at 1:30 a.m. Between that and the fact that this week was rather trying, no Friday Five. But thank goodness for tracey, who has come up with quite the lengthy meme with all its number-y, shout-y goodness. And away we go. . .

56 Superfluous Questions:
1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? The scar on my right inside calf came from one of our old dining room chairs when I was a little kid. My mom had one of her girlfriends over, and while they were talking, I plopped myself down in the chair beside them, and unbeknown to anyone a nail was sticking out of one of the legs and stabbed me. I don't know if I was in shock or had been taught not to interrupt but I think I sat there for a few minutes before I finally called out for help.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? Nothing. Thanks for badgering me about unpacking still, memey.
3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? Well, there was no clock in the hallway of our old house, but the guess is 4:10 p.m. I think the paramedics showed up at 4:25.
4. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? Everything to work out so that I can take my course in the fall and not have to worry about having enough to live on and where I'm going to work.
5. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Some days I miss milk-containing edibles such as pizza, tiramisu, and white russians. Thankfully I don't miss feeling crazy-sick, so it passes.
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? I don't know about most prized, but I really love my bedroom set. It belonged to my great-aunt E. and when she passed away after a long illness, one of my other great-aunts said to make sure it was given to me because I'd helped take care of Aunt E.
7. HOW TALL ARE YOU? My license says 5' even but I'm pretty sure after yoga I'm at least a half inch taller. :)
8. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DAY? I'm a little puzzled by the phrase "in the day." Generally being "in the day" doesn't scare me. "In the rush hour traffic on the bridge," yeah, a whole lot.
9. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? That I'd be asked something like this.
10. WHAT KIND OF HAIR COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? No preference but it must be clean and well-groomed regardless of length.
11. WHAT ABOUT EYE COLOR? Hey, wait a minute--are you trying to set me up with somebody?
12. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee. It's easier to find coffee that tastes good than an energy drink that tastes good.
13. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Well, lately I've been making "fake" pizzas with a little bit of pepperoni on them.
14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Chicken cacciatore. Get out your pans, memey--it's 11:30 and I'll be looking for lunch soon.
15. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Nothing consistent but I know good color when I see it. Right now I'm loving my new pear-colored loveseat.
16. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? Only the Pepperidge Farm crackers as a kid.
17. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? I don't know about meaningful but I know a thoughtful one: When I still lived at home with my sister, she'd borrow my nailpolish and manicure things a lot. That Christmas, she got a snap-top plastic box and decorated it, labeling it "Nails" so I'd know I could stash all my stuff in it.
18. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? I don't really have crushes. I mean, I notice people are nice and hot or whatever, but I don't fantasize about cuddling on the couch with them or brushing their hair.
19. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? That I wear? Well, lately I've been buying Banana Republic but it's hit-or-miss with the fit and the price point. I kind of like that American Eagle knock-off stuff that JCPenney put out but they don't do petites.
20. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU WANT? Honestly, I don't see myself driving anything other than a Subaru and just having my car back to the way it was when I first had it (no squeaks, more pep) would be cool.
21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? Nope. Off limits.
22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Yup.
23. YOUR WEAKNESSES? I'm not taking three hours to complete this meme. Next!
24. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? Yeah, Matthew Sweet. He was cool!
25. FIRST JOB? I babysat when I was a teen.
26. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? It's a preteen requirement, isn't it?
27. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? I'm not 100% convinced there is such a thing.
28. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT? Checking e-mail.
29. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? Not where I've been completely knocked out, no.
30. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? My "big eyes."
31. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? Nothing that comes from a store, I'll tell you that much.
32. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? As many as I can take care of.
33. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Sort of. It's my grandmother's middle name but spelled differently.
34. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST TURN OFF WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX? Low self esteem. Call me when you're sure of yourself.

35. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU MISS ABOUT GRADE SCHOOL? Those big honking textbooks we had for reading. It was a bummer we never got through them in a year. . . until I realized I could read ahead. Ohhh yeah.
36. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? What day is it?
37. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. College lectures and timed exams ruined it.
38. ANY BAD HABITS? I'm human, so, yes. You didn't ask to specify.
39. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON? Sometimes I can't help it. I'm the middle child!
40. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Only if I wanted the best friend ever.
41. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? Oh, jeez, is that misnomer still around? That is messed up.
42. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? I'll let you know when I figure out how to stop turning it inward.
43. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? To know, love, and serve God, and to be happy with Him in the next. (/Baltimore Catechism.)
44. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? A stuffed animal who was a raccoon named Rosa.
45. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? Not many but I guarantee half of them are school-related.
46. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID? He hit the big time when I was in high school, so I'm gonna disqualify myself for this one.
47. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? I have never liked mashed potatoes--yeah, revoke my citizenship right now. Mac and cheese--eh. Don't miss it.
48. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? What do you think I'm typing with?
49. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM? If you mean dining room, then yes.
50. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? What've ya got in mind?
51. WHAT’S THE FASTEST YOU’VE EVER GONE IN A CAR? My brother found out we could hit 100 on this one part of I-95 when we were heading down to school together.
52. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? The cat giving herself a bath post-finishing her breakfast.
53. LAST THING YOU DRANK? Water, to wash down my vitamins.
54. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? I'm registered "R" but I don't always vote that way.
55. DO YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM OR A HIGH SELF ESTEEM? What day is it?
56. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? The Bad Catholic's Guide to Good Living. It's hilarious.

Comments

Popular Posts