The Good, the Annoying & the Totally Gross

What is up with this week???

The Good: My new co-worker is smart and non-slackerish.
This morning, my boss told me that I've been approved to move from my cubicle to an office, at last. (Glad I spoke up.)

The Annoying: Apparently last week's requirement to post by Friday in one of my classes was a first-week reprieve, and we're expected to post by Thursday every week. Guess that means I won't be going to the Shakespeare lecture tomorrow.
The one time my mom decides to put cream of chicken soup in the batch of chicken soup she made, she forgets to tell me. I was a mess today. Sobbing by noon, sick by evening. It's not anaphylaxis but it ain't pleasant, either.
I got a jury duty summons. I think the last time they sent me one, I had just moved to a different county, and the time before that, I was a full time student in college--ten plus years ago. So that means I've never served. I wouldn't mind, but I probably never will serve because I'm related by a relative's marriage to one of the county judges. But I wonder if I'll have to go to the courthouse.

The Totally Gross: The one attorney for whom I draft documents handed me back something this afternoon. There was a e-mail stuck to the back of it, but I wasn't sure how. I pulled the papers apart and discovered green snot. Ew!!!!!!

There oughta be biohazard pay for this job.

Comments

Kate,

THANK YOU so much for your kind words. :) Also, that snot thing is pretty much NASTY. Ugh, so sorry you had to deal with that.

Good for you for moving on to bigger and better things. Library science is an AWESOME field (oh you know my love of libraries!!). I have thought before about going to grad school to work in school libraries myself, but was discouraged by the poor growth in my state...Booo.

I've never been jury duty summoned. My younger sister has like 3 times. Life is not fair. :)

Maybe this shoulda been an email instead of a comment. Oh well. :)
Kate P said…
(Seems like a perfectly fine comment to me!)

I showed the snot to my co-worker this morning and she couldn't believe it. At this point I am laughing b/c if I didn't, I would cry.
Mr. Bingley said…
Just go to the jury pool room with a copy of "combat knives" magazine and "soldier of fortune" and you'll be out of there in no time.
Kate P said…
Bingley, are you reading my mail??? Ha ha ha!

Popular Posts