Fret Fret Fret

So the meeting down at school was. . . overwhelming. Not an auspicious start when all the street (metered) parking is jammed full and it cost me $11 to park. Then of course there's construction everywhere and seeing as I haven't been on campus in two years, and it was raining that day, I walked past the building for the meeting, thanks to the lovely barricades. Did I mention I had nightmares about not being able to find my classes for years after getting my bachelor's? God bless the nice students who pointed me in the right direction.

The good: Finally met some of my classmates--turns out I'd had classes with two of the three. That was cool. We all shared horror stories about having class with Karen the Angry Native American. (Never again! Yay!)

The bad: I got handed a SYLLABUS.

The ugly: Dammit, I have to buy books! (I was hoping to be done with that.) And read and have discussions. In addition to, you know, going to school every day and learning technique and preparing lessons and teaching those lessons. Holy cow. I really wanted to try to get a part-time job to help with expenses, but now I'm not sure I can handle it.

So, um, yeah, I'm feeling mega-overwhelmed. I know, I know, in a little while things will get "processed" and my perspective will adjust. But right now? Scary.

Headed to the shore for a few days. Back with fresh perspective soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can totally relate to the nightmare campus experience. My second quarter at my previous college, they assigned my section (at this college, honors students were considered a separate section in a class) of a class to the wrong room. Of course, since it was a community college, the professor did not believe me until she looked at the section's room assignment. Since then I started going to campus early on the first day to find all my rooms. Lately I've been assigned the same six rooms. heh.
Hopefully it won't be too terrible with the additional load. I get so overwhelmed with school all the time. I think I "quit" school at least three times last quarter.
Kate P said…
Yeah, the only relief I got as a lost undergrad was with the courses toward my major--all in the same building!

Popular Posts