It's Tuesday? Only? Already?

It feels as if this week is going too quickly and too slowly at the same time. How is that possible?

It's possible when I'm on the verge of something, I guess. And when a million different thoughts are going through my head at the same time. Even when I stopped in the church near the office after work today, my thoughts were going in all directions as I sat in Adoration. I was annoyed with work (I'm swamped while other people are skipping around), I was anxious (more on that later), and I couldn't quiet my mind (of all the times to have writing ideas pop up).

But there's no question that there are things I have to get done this week, and one major thing in particular. In spite of being anxious and scared and just plain weary. Long(ish)time readers might know what it is, and you can feel free to speculate in the combox. And while you're at it, would you do me a favor? I will be checking back in tomorrow night, and I will be in serious need of a pep talk then. So please, just say anything in the general manner of positivity/cheerleading/confidence. And say a prayer on the side, if you're inclined. (I'm not committing any crimes. I think.)

I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

Maggie May said…
Gimme a K! Gimmie an A! Gimmie a T...E...P!

Oh...not the kind of pep talk you wanted? Let me try again.

Seriously, what you are feeling is perfectly normal before embarking on something new. But you are prepared for this, and you are going to do just great. You ARE!
Dave E. said…
I'm not going to speculate, but I will second what maggie may wrote. Whatever it is I'm sure you are going to do great. And even if you do hit a bump in the road, like we all do at times, you have what it takes to make the best of it and keep moving on. Good luck!
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
- Anais Nin


:)
Anonymous said…
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." -Louisa May Alcott

"Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount."-Clare Boothe Luce

You're awesome Kate. and I second what Dave E. said.
Kate P said…
MM--right amount of pep for me! :)

Dave E.--thanks for the shot in the arm. :)

Ashley--yes! COURAGE. :)

AC22--How did you know Louisa May Alcott is one of my favorites!? :)

Wonderful, wonderful words. I am going to print these out and take them with me. (I suspect there might even be some shy readers out there cheering for me, too.) Thank you, everyone, very, very much!

All will be revealed tomorrow. Might be on the late side, but it will be here.

Popular Posts